Nearly each gaming peripheral is supplied with RGB lighting, and Logitech’s G gaming model is not any completely different. Last yr, the firm redesigned its Logitech Control Center (LCC) app, which permits you to totally control its gaming tools, and it gave the app a brand new identify in the course of: the Logitech G Hub.
If you’re a fan of RGB lighting, then right here’s how to control the LED expertise, which Logitech calls GentleSync, in your peripherals. This information additionally covers how to apply shade presets that aren’t distracting, how to create your personal customized lighting configurations, and the way to sync all of your peripherals to the identical lighting scheme. If you’re not a fan of RGB lighting, then I’ll additionally stroll you thru how to shut all the things off.
After all, not all of us need strobing lights on our keyboards after we’re working.
What you’ll want
- A GentleSync-compatible Logitech peripheral (keyboard, mouse, headset, mouse pad, and many others.)
- The Logitech G Hub app (required for GentleSync control, updates, and administration)
- A bit of endurance
How to get began
The very first step in controlling your GentleSync lighting requires you to download the Logitech G Hub for Mac or Windows PCs. The G Hub is Logitech’s official administration software for its peripherals. I’d advocate protecting G Hub pinned to your Windows activity bar or macOS dock so you’ll be able to have faster entry.
Once you put in the G Hub, you’ll come throughout a couple of prompts that refer to changelogs or a guided tour. You can skip these if you need to get straight to the customization course of.
Logitech’s G peripherals — the G stands for “gaming” — differ in phrases of the selection of results and element. In normal, they rank on this order (most to least choices): keyboards, mice, audio system, headsets, and genre-specific controllers (wheels, joysticks, and many others.). For demonstration functions, I’ll be testing some GentleSync results with a Logitech G513 keyboard, which has per-key RGB lighting and might show a variety of colours and results.
Change your mild presets
- Using your GentleSync-compatible Logitech keyboard, choose your keyboard from the most important app display, then be sure you’ve chosen the GentleSync tab, which you’ll be able to click on on the high left sidebar.
- Within that tab, you’ll be able to flip off the backlight fully, use the Freestyle mode to paint over particular keys or areas with your cursor, or choose Animations for some intriguing (if distracting) mild exhibits. To control keyboard brightness on the G513, you’ll have to use the bodily Fn + F7 keys to toggle between off and 4 completely different brightness settings.
- From the Presets “Effects” drop-down menu, you’ll be able to choose anyone of the listed results to see what they do. I’d counsel you mess around with the presets to discover out which you want most (and which may give probably you a headache).
- If you’d like to sync your lighting preset throughout your different Logitech G units, simply choose the “Sync Lighting Options” button beneath the picture of your peripheral.
Create your personal lighting presets
With a bit of experimenting, you’ll be able to create your personal customized GentleSync results. The following directions define some of the fundamental G Hub Freestyle controls to offer you a greater thought of what they do and the way you should utilize them to create customized results.
- From the “LightSync” tab, choose “Freestyle.” You’ll see choices in the sidebar that enable you to use the “Color Brush” to digitally paint over particular keys, “Quick Color” choices that robotically spotlight the WASD keys, quantity key row, perform key row, modifier keys, and the arrow keys. You can even choose and save completely different results by clicking and utilizing the “Effect” drop-down menu.
- If you need an animated GentleSync impact, navigate to and click on on the “Animations” tab. From right here, you’ll see an “Effect” drop-down that features a number of preset results. A number of examples embody: “Contrastic” for alternating colours between zones; “Verticool,” which blends heat and chilly colours vertically; and “Ocean Wave,” which makes use of blue and brown / white keys to provoke tides crashing on a sandy seaside.
- You can even control the cycle course of by clicking on the “Cycle” drop-down and deciding on “Reverse Cycle,” “Cycle,” “Bounce,” or “Random.” A pace slider sitting proper beneath the keyboard visible on the app permits you to control the pace of the given impact in milliseconds.
There’s lots of room for personalisation right here, although it might appear daunting at first. Play round with the choices so you will get snug creating your personal results afterward.
Create your personal mild presets
- Using the G513 keyboard, I’m going to present you the way I created my very own easy impact that highlights some of the keys I take advantage of in-game. Let’s say that we don’t need to begin off with an animated keyboard impact. Click on “Freestyle” as an alternative of “Animations” for a static impact.
- Next, use “Color Brush” to choose a shade from the shade picker; it’s also possible to enter your personal HTML hex shade code. In this instance, I’ve chosen a darkish blue, and I’ll then click on on the “Fill A Group” button, permitting me to choose a bunch of keys as an alternative of manually “painting” every one. In this case, I’ve chosen the “WASD” keys, that are often reserved for character motion. You can attempt to do the identical, or choose your personal shade and group of keys.
- You ought to see the modifications mirrored in actual time. There’s no want to save your preset; so long as you have an impact chosen from the “Effect” drop-down and maintain the GentleSync tab on the “FreeStyle” choice, it’ll keep intact.
- What for those who wished to create an animated GentleSync impact as an alternative? Just choose the “Animations” tab to get began. Select one of the preset results from the “Effect” drop-down. For this how-to, I’m selecting “Contrastic” as a result of of its sluggish however satisfying juxtaposition of colours and preset frames that covers most of the G513’s keys.
- This subsequent half is a bit tough as a result of it’s simple to miss the button. Instead of clicking the “Contrastic” impact, transfer your cursor to the proper of the impact’s identify. Now click on on the small window icon to show a pop-up that permits you to control the animated impact.
- For my model of “Contrastic,” I’m going to choose the first body from the slider, seen beneath the reside visible illustration of the G513 keyboard. Frames in the “Contrastic” impact embody completely different teams of colours that seem as the animation is displayed on a loop. For this demonstration, I’m solely modifying the first couple of frames, so I’ve chosen the first body seen in the slider.
- Looking at the left sidebar, I’m going to choose and robotically paint 85 of the G513’s keys in sizzling pink. Afterward, I’m going to choose a sky blue for 47 keys, adopted by a deep purple for the the rest.
- I’d additionally like to tweak the pace of the animation, so I’m transferring the “Default Speed” slider to the left, so it should final solely 480 milliseconds. Also, I’d like to maintain the “Cycle” technique, so I left it at its default setting inside the drop-down.
- Now that I’m completed portray the keys, I click on on the blue “Save” button. Again, so long as the “Animations” and “Contrastic” choices are chosen, my G513 keyboard will proceed to show my customized impact.
Sharing customized GentleSync profiles with the G Hub Community
If you need, you may additionally share your customized GentleSync profiles with the Logitech G Hub Community, per approval by way of electronic mail. To begin, choose the small share button, instantly proper of the impact’s identify in the “Animations” tab.
Once the sharing pop-up seems, you’ll be able to set a customized identify for your impact, add tags, and add an outline. Next, hit the blue “Publish” button at the backside of the window. (Make certain you signal into your Logitech account since you may have to submit the impact for assessment earlier than it’s shared.) Afterward, a pop-up will provide you with a warning that Logitech will attain out by way of electronic mail if your impact was permitted for showcasing in the G Hub Community.
While you look ahead to your submission to be reviewed, you’ll be able to try different customers’ G Hub profiles. To achieve this, begin from the G Hub’s most important display (you’ll be able to all the time get there by clicking the white “G” brand in the higher left nook). Next, click on on the “Gaming Profiles” field close to the backside of the window. From right here, you’ll be able to seek for, browse, and obtain results for various Logitech G peripherals.
Congrats! Now try to be in a position to control your GentleSync lighting for all of your Logitech G peripherals, create customized results, submit them for assessment, and obtain different person’s profiles uploaded to the G Hub Community.
Vox Media has affiliate partnerships. These don’t affect editorial content material, although Vox Media could earn commissions for merchandise bought by way of affiliate hyperlinks. For extra info, see our ethics policy.